Union Public service commission (UPSC) has issued notification no. 02/2014-CDS-I dated 02/11/2013 for 1st Combined defense services examination 2014 (CDS Exam I 2014) to be held at various examination centers across India. Online applications are invited from eligible candidates to join Indian Military academy, Naval academy, Air Force academy and Officers training academy as per their eligibility to educational qualification, commission and gender.
UPSC CDS (I) 2014 Vacancy details –
UPSC combined defense services examination 2014 (CDS Exam (1) 2014) have 509 vacancies. These vacancies are available to unmarried, married, widow/widower and divorcee candidates which are divided among 4 academies as follows.
- Indian Military Academy (IMA) 138th Course: 250 Vacancies including 32 seats reserved for NCC “C” certificate holders.
- Indian Naval Academy (INA): 40 Vacancies including 06 vacancies for NCC “C” Certificate holder
- Air Force Academy(AFA) 197th F(P) Course: 32 vacancies
- Officers Training Academy (OTA Men) 101st SSC Course : 175 Vacancies
- Officers Training Academy (OTA Women) 15th SSC Women Non Technical Course: 12 Vacancies
Unmarried candidates (Male/female) applying for CDS Exam (I) 2014 should be born between following dates as per their preference to join one of the academies as given below
- For IMA- Unmarried male candidates, born between 2nd January 1991 to 1st January 1996.
- For INA – Unmarried male candidates, born between 2nd January 1991 to 1st January 1996.
- For AFA – Unmarried male candidates, born between 2nd January 1990 to 1st January 1996
- For OTA SSC course Men – Male candidates (Married / unmarried) born between 2nd January 1990 to 1st January 1996
- For OTA (SSC Women Non-technical course ) – Unmarried women and issueless widow born between 2nd January 1990 to 1st January 1996.
- Candidates willing to apply for Air force academy should have studied Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level along with a degree from recognized university or bachelor degree in engineering /technology. Women candidates can not apply for Air force academy.
- Aspirants willing to apply of Indian military academy through CDS 1 2014 examination should have a degree from recognized university.
- Aspirants applying for Indian naval academy should have engineering degree from any recognized university or institute
- All other men candidates as well as women candidates applying for Officers training academy should have a degree to qualify for minimum educational qualification required by UPSC to fill application form of CDS 1 2014
Read more about eligibility
Selection process –
Candidates will be undergone three phase of examination/interview/test before final selection. First of all candidates have to qualify objective type written examination as per prescribed pattern. On passing written exam minimum cutoff marks will be decided by commission and merit list will be prepared for second stage of SSB interview. Candidates who will declared passed in SSB interview will be undergone medical tests before joining their respective academy.
General and OBC category candidates including creamy layer candidates required to pay Rs. 200 as application fees whereas SC/ST and female candidates are exempted to pay application fees. Application fees can be paid in cash at any SBI branch by system generated bank challan or can be paid online through Debit/credit card or net banking of SBI.
How to apply –
Only online applications will be accepted for form submission. Candidates should follow two step registration process to apply online. Here are steps
- Visit website url http://upsconline.nic.in
- Click on “online application for various examinations of UPSC“.
- On next screen see the examination code “CDSI”
- Click on “click here” link under Part-I registration
- Follow steps and complete part 1 registration
- Again visit link “Part II registration” to complete application
- Take printout of form and wait for e-admit card.
Click here for details of online application
- Starting Date of online registration – 2nd November 2013
- Last Date of Online registration – 2nd December 2013
Click here to download notification