ITBP (Indo- Tibetan Border Police) offers an adventurist and challenging job for the enthusiastic Indian candidates. Mountain trekking, camping, River rafting, and skiing are some of the adventures that can be experienced with this job opportunity. Aspirants can join one of the Indian Armed forces as an officer at ITBP.
These vacancies are majorly available as Assistant Commandant, Sub inspector, and Constable Position under the general duty category. Notifications of these vacancies are announced through leading news papers on regular basis. The details of eligibility and Selection procedure are explained belwo in further space.
ITBP Offcers Entry Eligibility Details
Candidates who want to apply for vacancies in ITBP need to go through various eligibility criteria. Apart from pride and courage, candidates have to comply with various norms which are defined by authorities for application. Some general eligibility criteria are enlightened here.
Age Criteria: (General Duty cadre)
- Assistant Commandant – age should be between 19 years and 25 years
- Sub Inspector – should be between 18 years and 25 years
- Constable – should be between 18 years and 23 years
Relaxation of 5 years for SC/ ST candidates
Service rendered in armed forces of India plus 3 years relaxation for ex- servicemen
5 year additional relaxation in upper age for sports persons to all meritorious candidates
- Assistant Commandant – Graduation in any stream
- Sub Inspector – Graduation in any discipline
- Constable – Matriculation from recognized board
- Assistant Commandant – should possess minimum 165 cm height, 50 kgs weight, and 6/6 to 6/9 eye sight.
- Sub Inspector – should possess minimum 170 cm height, 50 kgs weight, and 6/6 to 6/9 eye sight.
- Constable – should possess minimum 170 cm height, 50 kgs weight, as well as vision of 6/6 to 6/9.
Candidates from mountain region as mentioned in list should possess minimum height of 165 cms.
Tribal/ Adivasi of mountainous region as listed are exempted up to 162.5 minimum height.
Selection of officers is made through combined exam of UPSC, Staff Selection commission recruitment and recruitment rallies. Read ITBPF recruitment details according to posts below
Assistant Commandant (General Duty):
Combined Special selection Board constituted by Ministry of Home affairs through UPSC organize written examination for this post followed by physical efficiency test and personal Interview. Written examination contains two papers, which includes Intelligence/ General Knowledge and Essay writing test.
Sub Inspector (General Duty):
Recruitment of Sub Inspector for ITBP is shouldered by Staff Selection Commission. It conducts common annual examination, which is carried out in two parts. First written examination comprises of General awareness, Intelligence, Reasoning, and Numerical Ability along with English language. In Second part candidates have to appear for physical efficiency test followed by personal Interview.
Constable (General Duty):
ITBP organize recruitment rallies on regular basis to enroll constables. In these rallies candidates have to appear for written test comprised of general knowledge, elementary mathematics, and aptitude test followed by physical efficiency test and medical examination as well as Interview.
Candidates selected through these selections procedures are awarded with best remunerations:
- Assistant Commandant – Rs. 15600/- to Rs. 39100/- per month with pay grade of Rs. 5400/-
- Sub Inspector – Rs. 9300 to Rs. 34800/- per month with pay grade of Rs. 4200/-
- Constable – Rs. 5200/- to Rs. 20200/- per month with pay grade of Rs. 2000/-