Indian Army looking for Men and Women who have Intellect, Idealism and courage to Join Non Technical Short Service commission on Post of Lieutenant. Indian Army invited National Cadet Corps (NCC) Special Entry Scheme 36th course October 2014 application from eligible candidates holding ‘B’ grade NCC ‘C’ certificate and from Wards of Battle Casualties of Army.
NCC Special entry scheme of Indian Army do not require any written examination to select candidates for 49 weeks Pre-Commissioned training at Officers Training Academy (OTA) Chennai.
Indian Army NCC Special Entry scheme 36th Course Vacancy Details
Candidates Unmarried/Married both Male and Female including wars Wards of Battle Casualties of Army willing to Join Indian army through NCC Special entry scheme 36th Course – October 2014 should apply in given format of application.
Total number of vacancies is 54. These vacancies are divided as follows
- NCC Men: 50 Posts (05 Vacancies are reserved for Wards of Battle Casualties of Army only)
- NCC Women: 04 (Out of this 10% vacancies are reserved for Wards of Battle Causality of Army personnel only)
Candidates applying for the current vacancies of NCC special entry should be citizen of India and must not be withdrawn from any defense training academy on disciplinary grounds
Candidates should be in age limit of 19 years to 25 years. Date of birth of candidates should not be earlier than 02 July 1989 and not later than 01 July 1995.
Candidates should have degree from any recognized university with 50% marks. Candidates appearing in final year of degree course can also apply but they should have 50% marks in first two years.
Candidates (other than wards of Battle causalities) should hold minimum ‘B’ Grade in ‘C’ certificate exam of NCC. Also, candidates should have served for minimum 2 years in Division / Wing of NCC.
Note: Wards of Battle causalities need to hold degree with 50% marks however they do not require to hold NCC certificate. These applicants need to send their application directly to Dte Gen of Recruiting/ Rtg-A, NCC Entry, West Block-III, R.K. Puram, New Delhi-110066 by attaching required documents as proof of ward of battle causalities.
- Height and weight: Minimum height for Men is 157.5 cms and for women 152 cms with proportionate weight. Relaxation in height to candidates of north east and hilly areas is given up to 2 cms.
- Other standard requirements: Eye sight and vision should be 6/6. Permanent tattoos on inner face of forearm is only acceptable.
- Physical fitness : Candidates finally selected are advised to maintain (a) running 2.4 Km in 15 minutes (b) Push Ups – 13 (c) Sit Ups – 25 (d) Chin Ups – 6 (e) Rope Climbing – 3-4 meters
Selection process of NCC special entry
Candidates need to send their application to Rtg. Directorate (NCC Entry) through HQ DG NCC. After receiving application of candidates NCC Units/Gp HQs will forward the applications to respective State Directorates. After that, State Directorates will forward applications to HQ DG NCC. All the short listing of received applications will be carried out by the NCC Directorates to sent SSB call letters.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for SSB interview. After SSB interview and medical examination, merit list of candidates will be prepared according to marks obtained in SSB interview. Finally selected candidates will join Pre commissioned taring at Officer Training academy (OTA) Chennai for 49 weeks.
How to apply
Candidates need to apply on plain paper in prescribed format and send their application to nearest OC, NCC Unit from where NCC ‘C’ certificate has been issued.
Documents required to attached along with application form
Attested copies of following documents should be attached with application form are
- Mark sheet of Graduation (photocopies)
- NCC ‘C’ certificate copy
- Class 10th certificate (for date of birth proof)
- Wards of battle casualties document copies
- Certificate from university/college for total marks and percentage in degree.
Important dates to remember
- Last date for receipt of application at NCC Bn/Gp HQ: 31-01-2014
- Last date for receipt of application at Rtg Dte from Dte Gen NCC: 28-02-2014