For young and bright law graduates, Indian Army offers opportunities galore. If you are also an unmarried or even married male or unmarried female having a law degree in hand, you are invited to join this prestigious Armed Force as SSC (Short Services Commission) officer through 13th Judge Advocate General (JAG) Entry 2014.
Selection will be made for Judge Advocate General Department in the most competent Army of world through 13th JAG Course commencing in October 2014. Read details of Eligibility, Selection process, Application Form Format, Notification and more below.
Apart from unprecedented career opportunities, Indian Army offers a lucrative pay package as well to the courageous men and women of India. This includes a pay band of Rs. 65000/- per month for officers on Lieutenant Rank along with other privileges including free medical services, canteen facilities, ration, club/ sports facilities, furnished accommodation, and housing/ car loans at subsidized rates. Even during the training period, aspirants are paid a monthly stipend of Rs. 21000/- including pay scale of Rs. 15600 + Grade pay of Rs. 5400. It is a career option which is promising and thrilling at the same time as Army offers facilities for sports and adventure to its men and women.
13th Judge Advocate General (JAG) Entry Course 2014 Vacancy Details
For this fresh JAG 13 Course notification 2014, there are total 10+4=14 vacancies divided as:
- Men- 07+03 =10
Note: Indian Army has increased 3 seats for Men and 1 Seat for women posts vide enhance of vacancies for SSC (NT) JAG 13 October 2014 course
Conditions for eligibility
To serve the nation, through Armed Forces, require a candidate to be absolutely befitting by fulfilling certain criteria as:
- Age: Those in the age bracket from 21 to 27 years only can apply for JAG entry. It implies those born between 02/07/1987 and 01/07/1993 including both dates.
- Education: As this entry is into Judge Advocate General Dept, aspirants must possess a graduate degree in law with minimum aggregate of 55% marks. Registration with Bar Council is also a pre requisite for this entry.
- Physical standards:
|Men||157.5 cm||Correlated||6/6- 6/18|
|Women||152 cm||42 kg||6/6-6/18|
- Candidates from north-east and hilly areas will get relaxation in minimum height up to 5 cms.
- Those undergone Radial Karatotomy and Lasik Surgery are not eligible to apply.
- Mental and physical health of aspirants should be free from any deformity.
Selection of eligible candidates will be done on various parameters during two days long procedure at selection centers. Those successfully qualifying these SSB tests on day one only will move on to the next stage for selection.
Candidates who pass second stage also, will be required to submit their documents and prove to be medically sound for getting enlisted on the merit list from which final selection will be made.
- Successful candidates will undergo a training of 11 months at Officer’s Training Academy, Chennai. On completion of this training, they will be granted Short Services Commission of 14 years in the rank of Lieutenant.
- Candidates are not allowed to marry or reside with parents during tenure of 49 weeks’ training.
- Expenses of training at OTA are borne by Government and Post Graduate Diploma in Defence Management and Strategic Studies is accorded on successful candidates by Madras University.
Procedure for application
Format for application is provided in notification from where it has to be copied on a plain paper. This duly completed application should be enclosed with photocopies of required documents and affixed with self attested photograph to be sent before 14th Feb 2014 at Address:
Directorate General of Recruiting,
Rtg ‘A’, JAG Entry, AG’s Branch,
Army Headquarters, West Block – III,
RK Puram, New Delhi-110066