If serving the nation instigates fresh enthusiasm in you, if you are courageous and dedicated towards your goals, Combined Defence Services are awaiting you. As CDS exam 2014 is approaching, it’s time now to pull up your socks and prepare well for them. For beginners, CDS is an exam held twice every year by UPSC for recruitment into Army, Navy, and Air Force. Depending upon the commissioning, it consists of multiple choice objective questions on subjects including Mathematics, General Knowledge, and English for permanent commission. While for short services commission, there are two papers, English and General Knowledge. Each of these papers carries 100 marks and need to be solved in duration of 2 hours.
For qualifying in CDS exam, aspirants have to prepare diligently and methodically. You can also follow these simple tips that will be quite helpful for you to crack CDS exam 2014.
CDS Written Exam 2014 Tips
- Speed is the mantra: Speed is one factor that hampers the chances of selection for many candidates. You need to have or develop a quick response time in order to answer the questions within the time allotted. This speed can be acquired through regular practice and proper time management.
- Avoid cramming rather understand: In CDS, you have to get your basics clear before appearing in exam. You get 1 minute to solve one question. Hence, you have to be precise and focused.
- Solve as much previous year papers as you can: Solving the previous papers give an insight as to the structure of question paper and the type of questions asked.
- Plan and study well: The syllabus is rather broad for CDS exam. So you should ascertain your skill set and prepare accordingly. Plan a daily schedule for studying each subject comprehensively much in advance. This allows you ample time to revise your studies and consolidate on your strengths.
- Study each subject specifically: Most of you won’t face tough time studying English as it’s all about general grammar and speaking. But moving on to General Knowledge and Mathematics, you need to be careful. For Mathematics, you have to be clear with the concepts and practice is the key here. Preparing GK requires emphasis on each section of the subject. Be aware, read the current affairs, and for other topics, read your books thoroughly.
- Consult a good study material: It will largely help you in preparing for the CDS exam.
- Revise more: Do anything to revise more. Make time tables, do three revisions a day, and also inculcate the habit of making notes while revising.
Following these tips will certainly help you don that prestigious uniform of Armed Forces one day.