CDS exam (i) 2014 date has been announced by UPSC and now it’s time to issue of notification. A candidate who satisfy eligibility criteria laid down under CDS (i) 2014 notification need to follow two step registration process.
CDS 1 2014 Online Application form Registration Procedure
Form is to be filled in two steps. If a candidate fills only first part, it will not be considered complete by UPSC for the purpose of CDS exam form submission.
Part 1 Online Registration Process – Step by step
- Candidates should follow link http://www.upsconline.nic.in/ on their computer through any compatible browser (Mozilla, Google chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer etc). This link will open Union public service commission website
- Click on first link “ONLINE APPLICATION FOR VARIOUS EXAMINATIONS OF UPSC” to open new screen where candidates have to choose the examination. Select “CDS (i) 2014” and click on link “Click here” under heading of column Part-I registration.
- Provide details as below
- Name – “Do not use any initial viz Mr. Kr. Mrs. Write name as recorded in Matriculation/SSC certificate.
- Gender – Male/female
- DOB – Select date, month and year from dropdown menu and select correct date of birth
- Father’s name – Enter name of Father without any initial viz Shri, Mr. etc
- Mother’s name – Fill out mothers name without any initial
- Nationality – Indian / others
- Marital Status – Select appropriate marital status out of Unmarried / Married/ Widow /Divorcee
- Physically challenged – Select Yes or No
- Community – Choose general / OBC /SC/ ST as correct. Creamy layer candidates of OBC category should select option “General”.
- If you belong to Minority – Select yes or no
- Fee Remission claimed – Select yes if you are claiming examination fees exemption, else select No.
- Educational Qualification – Select whether you have already qualified required educational qualification as per notification or you are appearing.
- Address- Filling of details marked with asterisk is compulsory. Do not write here your name again. Write down correct address with city, state and Pin code. Provide valid mobile number EMAIL id.
- Select your preference for IMA, AFA, NA or OTA. Female candidates are required to select OTA only. If a candidate is filling Air force academy as first preference then they should select 1 else zero.
- Now press continue button. A new screen will open with the details filled out by candidate in part 1 registration form. Take printout of the system generated token. Keep in record Registration ID that will require to fill step 2 registration from.
Important – After part 1 registration candidates will receive acknowledgment at their email ID containing Registration ID (RID). Now what to do?
- Candidates can take printout of Bank challan from here to deposit fees in any CBS branch of state bank of India if they are willing to pay through cash.
- Scan your photograph and signature in .jpg / jpeg format of correct size to be required to upload during part 2 registration. Scan signature and photo graph separately.
Part 2 Online Registration Process- Step by step
After completing part 1 registration and taking out printouts, proceed to step 2 registration by clicking on link given at bottom of part one registration or from the main screen where you started part 1 registration by clicking under Part 2 registration.
- Enter your Registration ID number and date of birth to continue with part two registration of CDS exam 2014.
- Candidates need to provide details of fees payment. Candidates who have deposited fees through bank challan need to provide Transaction ID as given by bank after depositing fees and date of making payment. In case candidate wants to pay through online mode they can do so by making payment using card or online banking.
- Candidates need to browse and select scanned photograph. Also they need to brows and select scanned signature.
- Click on upload button to upload photograph and signature
- On successful upload of signature and photo, click to proceed further for next step.
Now view your application and take printout for further use. Your registration is complete now and you have to wait for e-admit card to sit in CDS exam I 2014. Keep visiting www.cdsexam.com for updates.