The UPSC organize a Combined Defence Services Examination for recruiting the intelligent and confident peoples for different vacancies in the field of defence services. CDS Exam is conducted two times in a year which provides opportunities to all people to pursue a career which helps them to serve for the nation. The eligible candidates may apply for the test.
CDS Exam Eligibility details will define all the conditions necessary to sit in the examination.
- An aspirant must be either Indian, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- A subject of Bhutan, or
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India with the intention of permanent staying in India before January 1st, 1962, or
- An aspirant of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Srilanka, Burma or East African countries of Kenya, The United Republic of Tanzania, Uganda, Malawi, Zambia, Zaire and Ethiopia or from Vietnam with the intention of permanently staying in India.
- For Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Indian Air Force Academy: Unmarried male applicants born not earlier or later than date specified under current notification by UPSC regarding CDS exam.
- For Officers Training Academy (SSC Course for Men): Male aspirants (Married or Unmarried) born not earlier or later than date range provided in notification.
CDS Exam Criteria for Girls:
For Officers Training Academy (OTA) Only (SSC Women Non technical Course): The unmarried girls are only applicable for the Officers Training Academy and should have been born not earlier or later than dates provided in latest notification.
CDS Exam Eligibility for Women:
For Officers Training Academy (OTA) Only (SSC Women Non technical Course): The issue less widows and the issue less divorcees who have not remarried and should have been born not earlier or later than dates provided in latest notification.
- For IMA and OTA: The aspirants should possess graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university or institute.
- For INA: The aspirants must have a degree in Engineering.
- For Air Force Academy: The aspirants should have passed 12th standard with Physics and Mathematics and having a degree from a recognized university or bachelor’s degree in engineering / technology.
The applicants must be physically fit as per physicals standards for seeking admission to the Combined Defense Services Examination.
The aspirants must fulfill all these eligibility profiles for applying to sit in the examination. The applicants need to read out all these instructions carefully.