Applications are invited by UPSC for CDS 2017 Exam (II) scheduled to be held in November 2017. As per Notification exam will be held through Combined Defence Services Examination - CDS Exam 2017 (II) for vacancies in Indian Military Academy (IMA), Indian Naval Academy (INA), Officers Training Academy (OTA) and Air Force Academy (AFA) as Commissioned Officers (including SSC Women) (Non-Technical) Course.
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) released official notification for combined Defence Service (CDS) II Exam on 19th November 2017 (Sunday) . The Application Process of CDS Exam 2017 has been started and after notification and all the willing candidates can apply online until 08th September 2017.
This is a national level entrance examination conducted twice in a year - February and November. All the aspirants are advised to check the eligibility criteria to know the age and academic qualification for CDS 2017 exam before they fill the online application form.
CDS 2017 Exam (II) Eligibility :
- For Indian Military Academy/Officers’ Training Academy: Degree from a recognized university or equivalent
- For Indian Naval Academy: Bachelor of Engineering
- For Air Force Academy: Degree of a recognized University with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level or Bachelor of Engineering
Graduates ( including candidates studying in the final year degree course) with first choice as Army/Navy/Air Force are to submit proof of graduation provisional certificate on the date of commencement of the SSB interview at the SSB. For CDS exam, applicants can be from any stream but for entry to Air Force and Navy, candidates should have studied physics and maths up to Class 12
Candidates applying for CDS exam 2017 2 should have physical standards for admission to Combined Defence Services Examination (II), 2017 as per guidelines given in Appendix-IV
Number of Vacancies/Posts:
Total Posts: 414
- Indian Military Academy, Dehradun - 145th (DE) Course commencing in July 2018 – 100 vacancies
- Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala - Course commencing in July 2018 Executive (General Service) – 45 vacancies
- Air Force Academy, Hyderabad - Course commencing in August, 2018 – 32 vacancies
- Officers Training Academy (OTA) ,Chennai - 108th SSC (Men) (NT) Course commencing in Nov/December 2018 (Tentative) – 255 vacancies
- Officers Training Academy (OTA), Chennai - 22nd SSC Women (Non-Technical) Course commencing October 2018 – 12 vacancies
Note: All vacancies are tentative/Approx only
How to Apply for CDS Exam 2017 (II):
Candidates willing to apply for CDS Exam 2017 (II) need to fill application form online at www.upsconline.nic.in.
Application Fees and Payment process:
Candidates are required to pay a fee of Rs.200/- either by depositing at any Branch of SBI by cash through generated challan, or by using net banking facility of SBI and associate banks or by using Visa/Master Credit/Debit Card. Female/SC/ST candidates are exempted from payment of fee.
Successfully qualified candidates in written exam of CDS 2 2017 will be called for SSB Interview. After passing of SSB interview and medical examination candidates will be enrolled to one of the academies.
CDS exam 2017 (II) Pattern and Syllabus:
Candidates will be issued e-Admit Card three weeks before the examination. Candidates can download e-Admit Card from UPSC website www.upsc.gov.in. Admit Card will not be sent by post or courier.
- Notification Date: 09th August 2017
- Last Date for Submission of Applications: 08th September 2017 (Friday) till 06.00 pm
- Written Exam Date: 19th November 2017 (Sunday
Download Notification for more details